The male brazilian wax? Yes, it's no longer gender-specific! Now men can reap the benefits of longer-lasting hair removal even in their most intimate region. So if you're a man new this world, and don't know what to expect, here is a step-by-step briefing for waxing beneath the boxers.
Be clean. Come freshly showered.
Be dry. Cleanliness is appreciated, but please skip on the lotion, you'll get better results if your skin is less oily.
Be hairy. Your hair should be at least 0.25 inches in length (which makes it long enough to lay flat on your skin). Please don't shave for at least two weeks prior to your appointment to ensure that your hair is long enough! Also, if you've 'let it go' down there and it seems out of control, don't worry! Our specialists will trim any longer hairs to the proper length prior to the removal process.
Be comfortable. If possible, wear loose clothing that day to prevent irritation in the post-wax phase.
Be relaxed. Reportedly the more relaxed your muscles are, the better your hair removal results will be!What Should I Expect?
Reasons Why Men Get a Male Brazilian or Bikini Wax:
- Remove clothing. You will be asked to remove your underwear in a treatment room. By removing your underwear you protect your clothing as well as provide optimal working conditions so that the technician can get all of the unwanted hair! Men are also given the option of a disposable thong to wear during the treatment.
- Prep the area. Your technician will cleanse the area to eliminate potentially dangerous bacteria that may exist on your skin.
- Consultation. Your technician will examine the hair length, and trim accordingly for safety purposes as well as your preference. She will also ask you about what areas you would like to leave hair and how much of it you would like to leave.
- The fun part, getting rid of the hair. Your technician will perform the actual waxing.
- Post-Care. After you are as bare as you want to be, you will be rewarded with a bikini facial!
- Fine-tuning. Your technician will present a mirror for you to view the result and the approval of your new 'do' as well as check for any stray hairs!
- You're done. You are finished and ready to go about the rest of the day! (Oh, please remember to dress before leaving the room!) And remember, If this is a new 'thing' for you, treat your 'Brazilianized' bikini like you would any other haircut, try it out for a few days and then decide!
- Men who shave are now opting to avoid the itchy 'five o'clock shadow' and go for a longer-lasting, smoother solution.
- Swimmers and body-builders tend to get all of their body hair removed, especially before competition.
- Personal preference, some guys hate body hair as much as some women!